Pride Month 2016


Hello everyone! This will be a short article about something I'm passionate about. This article will be an article about Pride Month. After the events in Orlando Florida, where a gay night club was attacked by a gunman leaving 50 dead and 53 injured I thought this article was important. I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a Pride Month article this year, but due to recent events that I mentioned I decided to make one after all. I myself went to the Pride parade in Winnipeg this year and I was too busy planning to make an article for that week.

Pride Month is June. It is to celebrate and normalize LGBTQIA people. Marches, rallies and parades are all held this month internationally. The reason this month is considered Pride Month is because it is the anniversary of the Stonewall Riots in the 1960s which took place in New York city. The Stonewall Riots were considered one of the most important events in the LGBT rights history. 

Gay marriage is legal in 20 countries worldwide. However many countries still condemn homosexuality and transgender people. Even in countries where gay marriage is legal there is still homophobia and transphobia.

I know that here at SDC we have many people that are under the LGBTQIA community and I want you all to be proud of who you are and how you identify. I want you all to know there is nothing wrong with being who you are. You do you. I hope you are all safe to be the person you are, no matter where you live. 

Because this is a SD blog, I made a very rainbow outfit for this article. I used as many rainbow pieces I could fit onto my doll. The Rainbow flag is the flag for LGBTQIA people. 


Thank you all for reading. I hope you are all safe and well. This article was made on the spot today and will be extra to my normal weekly articles. 






 

Disclaimer

All the information that is shared on Stardoll Chat and its affiliates is done at the reader or member's own risk. All material is rightfully owned by Stardoll Chat and its affiliates unless otherwise specified. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates are here for entertainment purposes, any legal, medical or other professional advice that may be given is to be used at the reader or member's own risk. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates will not distribute any personal information regarding their members or readers and they will not sell the information to third party distributors. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates reserve the right to change the terms of use, sell it or shut it down at any given time, they also reserve the right to ban or deny access to anyone at their discretion. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates do not endorse or condone any advertisements that may appear on the site. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates will not use any personal information you may give to them in private against you nor will they share it with other readers or members, unless you otherwise state, they may use any ideas you give them regarding posts, competitions, or contests with or without your consent. Lastly, the views and opinions of members of this blog do not represent the views and opinions of this blog as a whole. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates do not endorse or condone said views or opinions.