What's your favorite style?


We all have a style that we feel partial to, whither it be grunge, punk, goth, classy, or sophisticated  we all love wearing something. Personally, I love the professional, and girly look but  I am always open to trying something new! A little while ago, I asked you guys to tell me about why you like a certain style. I think Angel's response speaks for everyone. We're all partial to our favorite styles, and can be afraid to step out of our comfort zone! 

"I feel like it's my personality, a part of me, whenever I wear other styles I feel like I'm trying to be someone that I'm not" -Angel-Ze-First

For this post, I decided to step outside of my comfort zone, and give two new styles a chance. From Boho Chic, to Grunge I think there is a little something in here that you'll love... Enjoy x 

To begin I have made a Boho Chic look! Hopefully all of you Bohemian girls like this look as much as I do. I loved experimenting with this style, it's so cute! 



What is Boho? Boho-chic is a style of fashion drawing on various bohemian and hippie influences, which, at its height in early 2005, was associated particularly with actress Sienna Miller and model Kate Moss in England and (as "bobo" chic) actress and businesswoman Mary-Kate Olsen in the United States. It has been seen since the early 1990s and, although appearing to wane from time to time, has repeatedly re-surfaced in varying guises. Many elements of boho-chic became popular in the late 1960s and some date back much further, being associated, for example, with pre-Raphaelite women of the mid-to-late 19th century.

Inspired by Vanessa Hudgens ♥

HeadBand: Daisy Head Band; Pretty in Love 
Jacket: Military Coat; Jet Set 
Top: Soft Cotton tank; Archive
Shorts: Summer Denim Cut Offs; It Girls
Belt: Gold Belt; Viole 
Shoes: Tan Suede Gladiators; Fever

Next, is one of the styles I have never tired much of before, that is grunge. Usually, my doll tends to fall into the category of 'girly' so making a grunge look is outside of my comfort zone! I know this look isn't overly grunge, but it is something I found by searching for 'grunge'. 




(My outfit is slightly edited. I used Gimp to darken the color of the jacket & top, as well as to straighten her legs)

What is grunge? Grunge fashion is believed to have originated in the United States in the early 1990s. Likely beginning in Seattle, Washington, the fashion came out of the financial hardships of the times, combined with the regional growth of alternative rock music made popular by bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. The style combines elements of punk mixed with inexpensive working class clothing, like jeans and plaid fabrics. The development of grunge also brought back the ripped and shredded clothing popular during the early 1980s. At its height, grunge was in many ways a rejection of the capitalist excesses of the 1980s, but the style was quickly picked up by designers and turned into a well-known fashion trend.

Jacket: Leather Jacket w/ arms; Fever 
Top: Soft Cotton tank; Archive
Pants: Shiny Leggings; Fallen Angel
 Shoes: Carly Ellewood Shoes; Cheap Monday
Hat: Cèlfie Hat; Nelly 

 Another style that I decided to show you guys is my personal favorite, girly. Although many of you might not be a fan of the "girly" style, it is something I love. Not only do I dress like a girly girl on Stardoll, but in real life as well. As a young child, I was a tom boy (hard to believe, right?) but now I enjoy dressing up in skirts and high heels! Hope some of you like this look as much as I do! 



 What is girly fashion?: Girly Girls are generally very dressy! They dress as if they are going to a banquet pretty much  on a daily basis. However, this is the stereotypical girly-girly and there are other factors that could make you a "girly" person. Girly-girls usually go for skirts, and dresses but do mix it up with leggings and jeans. Many girly girls like to wear pinks, whites, and many other soft colors. Many of the girls whom are considered 'girly' wear winged black eyeliner, soft eyeshadow, and a pink/ nude lip. Girly girls love to accessorise, and always have matching bags! 

Jacket: Pink Nikki Jacket; Young Hollywood
Dress: Field white top; Nelly
Shoes: Hot Buys Shoes; Viole 
Clutch: Easter Card Purse; Special Offer 
(The highlighted items are no longer available in Starplaza)

I hope everyone enjoyed today's post! I have plans to try out a few more styles (like Cyber Goth and punk-goth) in some future posts, so be on the look out for that... 

Also, if you are able to recreate any of these looks using all star-coin items then please post the outfit with #starcoinversion for a chance to be featured in this post and for a prize! (I'm going to close this at 5pm EST today) 

Lots of love, 
Hayley x 









 

Disclaimer

All the information that is shared on Stardoll Chat and its affiliates is done at the reader or member's own risk. All material is rightfully owned by Stardoll Chat and its affiliates unless otherwise specified. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates are here for entertainment purposes, any legal, medical or other professional advice that may be given is to be used at the reader or member's own risk. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates will not distribute any personal information regarding their members or readers and they will not sell the information to third party distributors. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates reserve the right to change the terms of use, sell it or shut it down at any given time, they also reserve the right to ban or deny access to anyone at their discretion. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates do not endorse or condone any advertisements that may appear on the site. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates will not use any personal information you may give to them in private against you nor will they share it with other readers or members, unless you otherwise state, they may use any ideas you give them regarding posts, competitions, or contests with or without your consent. Lastly, the views and opinions of members of this blog do not represent the views and opinions of this blog as a whole. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates do not endorse or condone said views or opinions.