"I want to inspire others"


Hey dolls ♥ 
 
I recently came across these beautiful graphic designs by Rika. You may know her as WongWing on Stardoll. Her designs are quite different from most graphic designers on Stardoll but that isn't stopping her! Keep reading to find out what Inspires her.




Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Hey! I'm Rika, or better known as WongWing on stardoll! I'm 15 years old, and have played stardoll since 2009! In truth, Stardoll has aged and so have I. My interests are shaped around the world of Stardoll, including fashion and art. I'm from England but I'm half Russian half Korean :) I speak English, Russian, Lithuanian and Korean, but I usually only use English and Korean to communicate with my friends on Stardoll xox I have a deep passion for dolly like things, and if you visit my suite or even my facebook page you will tell! I'm a very girly person, and I strive to become a cute doll (but not in a creepy way, I guess you could say it's always been a dream of mine to have the looks of one) Another passion is obviously stardoll. I like to create suites and create wigs for my doll, unfortunately I am non ss which means I cannot sell them. Oh well! :D




Your sketches are so beautiful and unique. What inspired you to start drawing them?

Thank you very much, I'm flattered! I only started drawing them recently, around 3 months ago. Before that, I hadn't even drawn a stick figure with clothes on. I had been wanting to start out something different before school would start again (Y'know, so that I could keep myself occupied) and that's when I found out about fashion illustration on computers. I had seen artists like Hayden Williams do this before, but it felt wrong to draw them out as we have slightly similar tastes in drawing and in fashion. It would feel copied. As a fashion enthusiast there was only one way I could combine my love of art/fashion and computers together . Graphic! I used Pixlr photo editor as my canvas. Pixlr is free, safe and is online which makes it easy and everyone can use it. A few professional graphic designers on stardoll had mocked me for it, as I did not have Adobe Photoshop or any expensive equipment. Not even a tablet to draw. But that didn't give my hope up. Using limited pixles and brushes, limited colours and tools I was on a mission! Stardoll influenced me to make my drawings look cartoon like, and I used some of my favorite users on stardoll to create these new faces on my models. I got inspired by outfits and limited edition clothing on stardoll to design new collections and inspire myself for my next project(s). My family played a big part in it, too. They saw that what I was doing was interesting, and they became very supportive. Since then I've been doing so many drawings and even do commissions both on Stardoll and in real life!



If I wanted you to sketch my doll, how would I go about it?

There are a few ways to get the job done. The first way is if I stumble upon your suite and your doll inspires me. Stardoll has a huge choice of beautifully crafted dolls and sometimes it can't go unnoticed. I will just take your dolls face, plop it onto my drawings and tag you on facebook! :D Surprise The second is if YOU as a customer wanted something from me, just ask! If its something simple, in most cases I do everything for free in my free time. It's just a drawing, and even though it does take quite some time, the feeling of accomplishment and a happy friend is much better than money :) I have done many portraits of users for free as presents and usually you just have to give me your username and the rest will be done! Thirdly, large projects include a small fee! I usually charge two or three wishlist items or 1/2 wigs :) Since I am non ss, its pretty difficult to earn money haha. But its no big deal. Big projects take up to a week to finish, but you are in control of what happens. The look, the inspiration, the models...everything! :) Those are the ways :) If you do however want something to be created, contact me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cupcakerika OR WongWing on stardoll x



Finally, is there anything else you'd like to say to our readers?

Everything aside I really want everyone who is reading this to know you have unearthed talents. Even though I don't count drawing simple pictures as a talent, the joy it gives people makes me carry on. This is the best kind of accomplishment anybody could have as a designer. I want to inspire others to find their own passions and interests and make others happy using it. Find a hobby to do, even if it is not stardoll related. You never know what it could be! You are unique, you are beautiful and you have the opportunity to find yourself :) Cheesy lines come with a cheesy quote: "Appreciate everything that you have and work hard to appreciate the things that you wanted and eventually got." Thank you, much love! Rika x

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! If you know someone with an amazing talent that you think deserves to be featured then comment below!

As always, thank you for reading.

Love,
Sarah

 

Disclaimer

All the information that is shared on Stardoll Chat and its affiliates is done at the reader or member's own risk. All material is rightfully owned by Stardoll Chat and its affiliates unless otherwise specified. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates are here for entertainment purposes, any legal, medical or other professional advice that may be given is to be used at the reader or member's own risk. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates will not distribute any personal information regarding their members or readers and they will not sell the information to third party distributors. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates reserve the right to change the terms of use, sell it or shut it down at any given time, they also reserve the right to ban or deny access to anyone at their discretion. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates do not endorse or condone any advertisements that may appear on the site. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates will not use any personal information you may give to them in private against you nor will they share it with other readers or members, unless you otherwise state, they may use any ideas you give them regarding posts, competitions, or contests with or without your consent. Lastly, the views and opinions of members of this blog do not represent the views and opinions of this blog as a whole. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates do not endorse or condone said views or opinions.