Inside the life of a designer: Suheily90




Hey guys! So this week I thought I'd do something a little different. 

You may already have guessed from the image above but I have interviewed one of the top designers on Stardoll Suheily90 to find out more about her and get tips for those of you wanting to be designers.



Hey Suheily90 ! Congratulations on having so much success
with your designs. First of all, can you tell us a bit about yourself?
 Hello! Thank you for having me and for the kind compliments. To start off my name is Suheily. I’ve been a Stardoll member since the website first launched in 2006, which makes me a virtual veteran of sorts ha-ha. I’m a self-taught artist. I love all aspects of art and design, which gives away my main reason for being a loyal member of the Stardoll community for so long.

When did you begin designing on Stardoll?

I began designing when the StarDesign Fashion feature was first introduced many years ago. I was a non-superstar member back then, so I didn’t get to share my designs with others until I made a comeback again in 2011, and gained the confidence to start selling designs in 2012. I love art and design, and those being my hobbies in real life, Stardoll allows me to channel my creativity and create art in a whole new way.

                                                         
 
Where do you get your inspiration from and  how long would it usually take you to create a wig?
I love surreal realism. So naturally that is what I aim for when I create designs. In my case: Art imitates life. I am constantly inspired to bring aspects of realism to a virtual world, and love to do what hasn’t been done yet. On average, most of my wigs, interior, and other designs took many hours to be completed.

What do you think makes a person a good designer?

A good designer can climb to the top gradually with hard work and determination, but a “great” designer aims to do their best in every aspect, and does not ever give up. Most importantly, a great designer should believe in himself or herself, always try again, be authentic, and never ever copy or cheat. A great designer has artistic integrity.

 


Do you have any tips for those hoping to improve their designing skills?

Three words; Practice, practice, practice! You can promote your designs and watch as many tutorials as much as you can, but to master your skill you must never give up and keep creating! There is no set standard! Just give it your best try, and if you don’t like what you see, keep creating! You are capable of untapped creativity, you just need to believe in yourself and know that you can do anything; it just takes hard work and dedication. Chase your dream, because it won’t chase you.


Many Stardoll players assume that successful designers earn a lot of Stardollars, is this true?
Depending on your definition of success, I can’t speak for every designer. Personally, I’ve been blessed with a great following and acclaim. I love all feedback and being able to witness people buy my designs and wear my wigs, or put my artwork in their suites makes me more happy than any form of virtual profit ever would. Of course, profits help me greatly in regards to shopping and creating new rooms, which is a major perk! At the end of the day, its different for every designer, if you restock a lot or are always creating new designs, then yes it’s a great recipe for virtual financial success.

Thank you so much for doing this exclusive interview. Is there anything else you would like to say to our readers?

I would love to tell you all budding designers to stay true to yourselves, be original, and don’t copy! Stardoll is a place where you can be whoever you want to be, and create whatever you want to create, so why not be an original? Everyone wants to take the fast track to fame and fortune, but many don’t want to work for it. It can take years or and a considerable amount of money, but the thing is you will not get anywhere in both your virtual and real life if you don’t work hard, and honestly for what you want. Have artistic integrity and you will achieve true success.I speak from experience. I was a beginner too one upon a time, and worked hard to get to where I am today. I believe in you, so why not believe in yourself too?! Good luck to you all, and thank you for having me in this exclusive interview.


Here is a look at her amazing gallery that she designed her: (You can visit this in Suheily's loft)



Wasn't that inspirational?


You can buy some of Suheily's amazing designs shown above by visiting her suite >here<

Thank you for reading and good luck designing!

Love Sarah

 

Disclaimer

All the information that is shared on Stardoll Chat and its affiliates is done at the reader or member's own risk. All material is rightfully owned by Stardoll Chat and its affiliates unless otherwise specified. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates are here for entertainment purposes, any legal, medical or other professional advice that may be given is to be used at the reader or member's own risk. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates will not distribute any personal information regarding their members or readers and they will not sell the information to third party distributors. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates reserve the right to change the terms of use, sell it or shut it down at any given time, they also reserve the right to ban or deny access to anyone at their discretion. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates do not endorse or condone any advertisements that may appear on the site. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates will not use any personal information you may give to them in private against you nor will they share it with other readers or members, unless you otherwise state, they may use any ideas you give them regarding posts, competitions, or contests with or without your consent. Lastly, the views and opinions of members of this blog do not represent the views and opinions of this blog as a whole. Stardoll Chat and its affiliates do not endorse or condone said views or opinions.